Monday 10 January 2011

Twenty four hours in bed

After a whole day in bed, dosed up on magic tablets
I'm feeling much better, but still not fabulous
I debate whether to run tonight, it's probably with a try
See if I can burn this cold out, make the virus die

I think that it's because I'm feeling so very restless
That I decide to give it a shot, get up and get dressed
Outside its windy and cold and as miserable as sin
But the weather kind of suits the mood that I'm in

My legs are pretty heavy and my head still feels stuffy
At least it's not leaving me huffing and puffing
To loosen up the pistons I jog into the night
I have no intention of running far so the end is in sight

I plod on for three kilometers slow and steady
But before I know it I'm definately ready
To head back and hide from this cold in the head
Hopefully it won't be another twenty four hours in bed

1 comment:

  1. You're rhyming, bad sign. Well done for going for a run but be careful. Hope you recover soon.

    ReplyDelete