Saturday 8 January 2011

Twenty five percent finished

After yesterday's tri I decided to rest, a quick five K run and some upper body for the best Headed down to the track at around mid-day, where plenty of runners had come out to play
Doing hurdles, high knees, sprinting and lunges, looking on I thought: Wish I was younger!
I settled into my run avoiding their training, pleased with the world, today it's not raining

They go past like the clappers I feel pretty rough, one hundred m on they're all out of puff
I decided it's a fair swap for not being young, I get to be constant and last twice as long
As I get home and I get to the stairs, my neighbour and friend are piano moving as a pair
Hang on a minute lads I'll give you a hand, and I think to myself thank God it's not a grand

We push and we pull and lift and fiddle, and fifteen minutes later the piano's in his livingroom
Right, done, I decide to head to the gym, for that upper body workout, to keep me trim
Once I am there I can't resist the bike, I do a power ten kilometers, now thats what I like
Then round the weights circuit for half an hour, pop back to mine for a hot bath and shower

I eat and lie down just whilst my food settles, and drift off to nod, it couldn't be better
An hour and a half power nap and now I'm awake, tidy room, wash pots, dress for the day
I'm late and tonight there are parties to go to, I change my glad rags and head to the tube
At least eight days in I'm still very in it, not too far to go now, twenty five percent finished

2 comments:

  1. Just read your list of goals for the year! Well done you. Your going to be pretty busy. Keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great session - nice job!

    ReplyDelete