Wednesday 12 January 2011

Come on cold, lets see what you got

Today I was up and mobile after three days of feeling like dirt
I decided to hang this cold out to dry with a challenge of the excessive sort
With the hikes in public transport prices I've decided to use my legs
To take me to all my usual places and save the pennies instead

I figure the cold virus will quit or ruin me so I better just get on with it
Onto the cycle to Holloway and work, it's a tidy eight kilometers
Later whislt two thirds of the way home I receive a text thats ominous
"These keys on the desk with blue fob, are they the ones for your house"

About turn and back then about turn again and the eight K ride home
Stretches itself to nearly twenty k and I still haven't been for my run
With a quick change of kit and a new destination I pootle back to the ditch
To see some friends for a chat and coffee, thats when my phone starts to glitch

The four and a half K I ran to get there becomes three on the way back home
And endomondo keeps switching itself off and the music just won't play at all
A well deserved hot bath, and to off bed to compose my blog with some tea in a pot
Pleased with my thirty seven kilometers today, come on cold, lets see what you got

No comments:

Post a Comment