Wednesday 5 January 2011

A day to feel good

I felt great this morning and have all day, I think the endorphins are kicking in
I put in a swift little trio of training, that would be my run, ride and swim
The run came first it was quick little burst another four K on the track
Then a quick cycle for fifteen minutes, nailed seven point five K at that

Next was my swim in a busy pool and despite getting stuck in a queue
A respectable fourteen minutes thirty, for seven fifty meters will do
My knees felt great and my muscles weren't tired, the protein is hard at work
Repairing the damage that each session does leaving me feeling quite alert

I think tomorrow I'll run and swim and rely on the journeys around town
For all my cycling requirements, I don't want my mileage to drop down
I'm out of electrolytes so I best pick some up, as dehydration really sucks
They make it much easier when I train, today's water intake has been twenty cups

With gizmo's and gadgets and trackers galore even I'm amazed at my calorie score
In four days the readings tell me I've used twenty thousand calories or more
All in all its been a good start to this competition I'm running in, Janathon
Its a pretty good thing because to stay in the game I need to keep running on and on

3 comments:

  1. I really need to get some swimming in. I find running easier as I can just step out the door. Ironman is a great goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ironman is a really inspiring goal. I'm also incrediably impressed at your water intake; I've got a lot better recently, but just can't seem to drink as much as I need to during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Jenks and Maggie!

    I'm super lucky, I live 400m from a massive local leisure centre with a 25m pool, opens 6am and closes 10pm.

    I've drunk about 4 liters today, but 1.5 of those was whilst exercising and had my shiny new electrolytes in them, I can really reccommend "nuun" as a brand, they are £5.99 in cycle surgery and come in all sorts of flavours, I think one more pint before bed and I will be sorted today. I think I drank an extra litre yesterday because of the lack of electrolytes, weird really, you would think water was better for you in its pure form but no...

    ReplyDelete