Tuesday 11 January 2011

Almost human

After sleeping for fifty hours in the last three days
I'm finally starting to feel like I'm no longer in haze
I've been eating like a horse which is usually a good sign
That sometime very shortly I should be just fine

As late evening comes I get ready for my run
Stretches then plenty of layers, to keep me nice and warm
Out onto the track with half an hour 'till nine
I manage five kilometers but I've got more left inside

Round the corner to the gym and onto the treadmill
I clock up another two point five kilometers and still
There's time for a quick circuit around the weights
And a swift jog home, I don't arrive too late

A lovely hot soak in the bath for an hour with a book
Then I set my alarm for the morning and my return to work
Whilst the sleep has done me good I dislike being out for days
Now I feel almost human I can return to my usual ways

No comments:

Post a Comment