Tuesday 4 January 2011

The fastest man alive

Today for a very short while I was the fastest man alive
I ran one hundred meters in three seconds, why would my gps lie?
I also ran through buildings and leapt many times over the canal
Went back and forth like a mad thing, like a dog chasing his tail

Thankfully nike plus was being sensible and recorded my time on pat
Although I did lose fifteen meters for every four hundred meters of track
A recalibration is due I beleive, I think my running gait must be changing
Developing better stride technique as the strength in my knees is improving

It was my favourite weather for running today, mizerable, cloudy and drizzly
It's the perfect combination I find, to allow me to balance my body heat
I can't run too slow as I start to get too cold so a steady pace is a must
There are less people out so I settle in rhythm, and the drizzle keeps down the dust

I decided that I would just run today and have a rest from my other disciplines
There's still twenty seven days left and plenty of time to make sure I fit them in
I think that today whilst it was nice to pretend I was the fastest man alive
The lesson I've learned is that heavy cloud cover might just make my gps lie

3 comments:

  1. In verse .. you should get extra points. If you get yourself sorted out to listen to some music will you let me know so I can send you some tracks? C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, run, blog and in verse, good work! I think I'll just aim for the running and blogging....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys n gals, I decided to go for a less is more approach and just put the sixteen lines down each day, but wanted to make them interesting to read and hopefully at points a little witty!! lets keep running!

    ReplyDelete